Saturday, August 15, 2026

O.V. Wright - Memphis Unlimited (1973/2009) Reel Music - 66748-78006-2

MP3/320/87MB
R&B, Soul, Deep Soul, Soul Blues

Overton Vertis Wright (October 9, 1939 - November 16, 1980) was an American singer who is generally regarded as a blues artist by African-American fans in the Deep South, he is also regarded as one of Southern soul's most authoritative and individual artists...

Tracks:
1. I've Been Searching (2:40)
2. Nothing Comes To A Sleeper (3:20)
3. The Only Thing That Saved Me (2:36)
4. He's My Son (Just The Same) (2:50)
5. You Must Believe In Yourself (2:44)
6. Lost In The Shuffle (3:30)
7. I'd Rather Be (Blind, Cripple & Crazy) (2:46)
8. Please Forgive Me (4:08)
9. Are You Going Where I'm Coming From (3:13)
10. Ghetto Child (3:35)
11. Memory Blues (3:34)
12. I'm Going Home (To Live With God) (2:47)

Notes
Recorded at Royal Recording Studios, 1320 South Lauderdale, Memphis, Tennessee 1973.

Personnel:
Vocal - O.V. Wright 
Bass - Leroy Hodges
Drums - Howard Grimes
Guitar - Teenie Hodges
Organ, Piano - Charles Hodges
Piano-  Archie Turner, Michael Allen
Strings - The Memphis Strings
Baritone Saxophone - James Mitchell
Tenor Saxophone - Andrew Love, Ed Logan
Trombone - Jack Hale
Trumpet - Wayne Jackson
Backing Vocals - Rhodes, Chalmers & Rhodes


 

No comments:

Post a Comment